Ask Stubby!

September 12, 2011

Stubby lived his life on a chain until one day he broke free and ran away. A Good Samaritan found him and brought him to the shelter. Now his real story begins…

I know that there are a lot of people who read my blog. (Thanks for that. My family doesn’t know that I use the computer so we need to keep it a secret.)

This week I think that you know a lot about me, but I don’t know anything about you!

Do you have a pit bull like me? What’s your dog’s name?

What’s their story?

Do you have any questions for me? I’ve been on so many adventures, sometimes it’s difficult to figure what to tell you about.

I can’t wait to hear about your dogs!

Next: The Dog Days of Summer

Previous:Not Everyone Loves a Pit Bull

Did you miss the beginning of Stubby’s story? Read the start here.

« « Saving Each Other | Lulu the Nana Dog » »

Comments

9 Responses to “Ask Stubby!”
  1. katereeve says:

We have a little pit mix named Jozy. She is only 45 lbs so we aren’t sure what breeds make up our little lady, but we don’t care! We don’t know how she came to be at our county’s shelter, but when I saw her cute black and white face and happy eyes, I couldn’t get her out of my mind. We already had two at home – another female pit mix rescue and our only boy, a boxer – so it was something we said we couldn’t do. Then, a week after I first saw her online, she was attacked in her kennel at the shelter. With head and eye wounds and noticeable weight loss, I knew I had to go get her. Jozy makes me laugh all the time and I can’t imagine not having her – or my other fur-babies – around! Thanks for all you do StubbyDog!

2. StubbyDog says:

@katereeve You’re welcome, and THANK YOU for rescuing Jozy and giving her and your other two babies a loving home.

3. CrystalKreager says:

I have a pitty named Harley, we rescued him a year ago from a local pitbull recue. He was abandoned by his family at a veterinarians office because they couldn’t afford to care for him anymore. My husband and I love him sooo much!

4. soli says:

HI!! I have the most wonderful pitty his name is Nicky and latlely his been sufering from allergies, I was wondering if you do too??? and if you do what does your mom and dad use to ease the ich and how long those it last, with my boy its all the way till november and he takes :”vanactile” is a mix of benadril with cortizone, so if you have something better to suggest i and Nicky will appreciate this very much!!!Blessed Be!!!)O(j

5. StubbyDog says:

@soli We’re sorry Nicky is suffering from allergies. Since they can be caused by so many different things, it’s best to check with your vet. We do have this article by Dr. Wheaton that may help you. http://stubbydog.org/2011/04/itchy-scratchy/

6. cdenzinger says:

Unfortunately, I do NOT have a pit bull. Although, I am completely infatuated with the breed. My grandparents owned them and told me stories about them when I was little about how amazing the breed is. I heard stories about my mom playing with them as a toddler and how loving and caring and protective they are. I told them that as soon as I was able, I would own one! But, I live in an apartment, and large breed dogs are not allowed, so I have a dachshund! He is a rescue. He is 3 and has been abused and abandoned in those few short years. I put my entire heart and soul into his recovery and he returns the same amount of love, if not more. I love all dogs, and hopefully I can start a pit bull rescue some day soon, and if not, even just to educate people on the breed would be a step in the right direction. It just breaks my heart seeing all the pit bulls posted for adoption that no one wants to take home because of misconceptions that have been spawned by the media.

7. soli says:

Thanks for reposding, and keep the good work my dear beautiful friend!!!)O(

8. digitallypink says:

My 10 year old pit-bull/boxer mix named Mercedes HAS ME!!! LOL, I should say we found each other at a pop-up “pet store” and have been together ever since. I was lucky in that I was able to take her with me when I went off to college and we have gone on numerous road trips together. She is head over paws about playing frisbee and absolutely loves peanut butter… Even though she is a Senior, she still has the playful energy of a puppy. Mercedes means the world to me!

We love this site and enjoy reading all of the stories together. I love animals, especially dogs and have never been without in my life. They are amazing beings with hearts of gold.

9. AllyAlexander says:

We have a beautiful brindle pibble named Dora, she is about 2 years old and we rescued her from our local shelter. We have a friend who works there and he knew we had recently started looking for a sweet loving pittie to complete our family, he is also passionate about the breed so he kept an eye out for us. When he called to tell us about Dora we immediately loaded the kids up in the car and headed out to the shelter. As soon as I saw her I knew she was the girl for us, she became so excited when she saw the kids we knew she was a perfect match, and very well behaved. She is the love of our lives and my kids proudly announce to anyone who asks “YEP SHES A PIT BULL AND SHES A LOVER!!!”